**NOTICE** Jellyfish are common in swimming areas of Sandy Point during the later summer months, typically arriving in greater numbers around early July. Forecasts for jellyfish probability in the Chesapeake Bay and Sandy Point can be found on
NOAA's Sea Nettles Probability of Encounters website. (Select area "Kent Island" with the park located on the Annapolis peninsula south of the Severn River).
Contact: 410-974-2149 (Office)
E-mail Sandy Point State Park
Anne Arundel County
Sandy Point State Park
1100 East College Parkway
Annapolis MD 21409
- 7 a.m. to sunset, year-round (excluding Christmas Day)
- 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mid-November - January 2 due to Lights on the Bay program
- Fishing - 24 hr. access year-round; fishing requires that all persons must be actively fishing including children
- Boating - 24 hr. access year-round
Certain activities are permitted outside of the regular park hours (e.g. fishing, boat launch, hunting where permitted). Please check with the park before your visit if you plan to engage in an activity which requires you to be in the park before or after the posted hours.
Day-use Admission Fee
- May 1- September 30 - Weekends and holidays: $5/person, Weekdays: $4/person
- October 1 - April 30 - $3 per vehicle
- Facility service charges are non-refundable. If you leave the park, you must re-pay to re-enter.
- The boat ramps and fishing areas are open 24 hours. Fishing after hours requires that all persons must be actively fishing including children. To learn more, check out our
Fishing and Crabbing pages.
Pets are not permitted in the park between May 1 - September 30. To learn more about the Maryland Park Service Pet Policy,
Alcohol and glass containers are not permitted on the sandy portions of the beach.
Visiting the Picnic Area
- Lifeguards are on duty from 10 am to 6 pm, Memorial Day through Labor Day, all other times are swim at your own risk.
For your safety, swim in designated areas only. To learn more, visit the beach/swimming area.
Visiting the Beach/ Swimming Area
This 786-acre Maryland State Park is located along the northwestern shore of the majestic Chesapeake Bay. The park’s beaches and picnic areas are well known for their breathtaking scenic water views that overlook one of Maryland’s true treasures, the Chesapeake Bay. The park was first opened on June 25, 1952 and has provided its guests with various activities and services ever since. The park also offers a marina store and boat rentals. Sandy Point State Park offers accessible food and beverage concession, fishing, picnic areas, shelters, bathhouses and playgrounds. For additional accessible amenities in Maryland State Forests and Parks, visit the
Accessibility for All section of this website. The park is open year round.