Youth group passes are valid for two years. Please allow time to apply for a new pass before your current pass expires. This process cannot be expedited - applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Your application will be returned to you if it does not include all required information. Download a youth group pass application here.
The Maryland Park Service offers youth group passes to non-commercial youth organizations. The biennial pass entitles the youth group free day-use entry into Maryland state parks, excluding weekends and holidays from Memorial day through Labor Day. The pass also entitles youth groups to camp in those parks that have designated youth group areas, subject to site availability.
In order to camp, all groups must possess a valid Maryland Park Service youth group pass and must make a reservation. Reservations can be made by calling the park reservation service at 1-888-432-2267 or online at parkreservations.maryland.gov, or by calling the state park office directly, as indicated by the list at the bottom of this web page. The pass alone does not guarantee entry.
The Maryland Park Service reserves the right to restrict the maximum and minimum number of vehicles and individuals admitted under one youth group pass per visit. A minimum ratio of one adult supervisor for every five youth is required while using the Maryland state park youth group pass. This requirement may be waived by the facility manager.
The minimum allowed age of group members is six years old and the maximum allowed age of group members is 18 years old. Family members that are accompanying the group but not part of the leadership of the group may be subject to additional service charges.
Service charges for special facilities such as shelters, boat concessions, reservations and special events are not covered by the youth pass. The pass is non-transferrable and cannot be used by any group other than to whom it was issued. The pass must be presented upon arrival of the group.
A bus reservation for day-use trips can be made through the reservation service.
Download a Youth Group Pass Application here.
YOUTH GROUP CAMPING AREAS
- Big Run State Park, (reserved through the Reservation Service)
- Fort Frederick State Park, (reserved through the Reservation Service)
- Greenbrier State Park, (reserved through the Reservation Service)
- Green Ridge State Forest, (reserved through the forest office, call 301-478-3124)
- Potomac-Garrett State Forest, (reserved through the forest office, call 301-334-2038)
- Rocky Gap State Park, (reserved through the Reservation Service)
- Swallow Falls State Park, (reserved through the Reservation Service)
- Washington Monument, (reserved through the Reservation Service)