In a sustainable Maryland, we recognize that the health of our society and
our economy are dependent on the health of our environment. Therefore,
we choose to act both collectively and individually to preserve,
protect, restore, and enhance our environment for this and future
The Department of Natural Resources leads Maryland in securing a
sustainable future for our environment, society, and economy by
preserving, protecting, restoring, and enhancing the State’s natural
- Sustainable Populations of Living Resources and Aquatic Habitat
- Healthy Maryland Watershed Lands, Streams and Non-Tidal Rivers
- Natural Resources Stewardship Opportunities for Maryland’s Urban and Rural Citizens
- Conserved and Managed Statewide Network of Ecologically Valuable Private and Public Lands
- Diverse Outdoor Recreation Opportunities for Maryland Citizens and Visitors
- Diverse Workforce and Efficient Operations
Our Customer Service Promise
Our Customer Service Promise serves as the basis of all interactions between state employees and their customers.
The State of Maryland pledges to provide constituents, businesses, customers, and stakeholders with services in the following manner:
- Friendly and Courteous: We will be helpful and supportive and have a positive attitude and passion for what we do.
- Timely and Responsive: We will be proactive, take initiative, and anticipate your needs.
- Accurate and Consistent: We will always aim for 100% accuracy, and be consistent in how we interpret and implement state policies and procedures.
- Accessible and Convenient: We will continue to simplify and improve access to information and resources.
- Truthful and Transparent: We will advance a culture of honesty, clarity and trust.
Tell us about your experience. Complete a three question customer experience survey.
FY18 Department of Natural Resources Customer Service Report
Click here to see our customer service overview.