Bay Grasses (Submerged Aquatic Vegetation)

Permits and Regulations

In most cases, a permit is required for SAV collection or removal.

Submerged Aquatic Vegetation Collection or Removal Application​

The Department of Natural Resources is charged with protecting bay grasses. Currently, there are three laws that protect submerged aquatic vegetation from disruption.

For more information on SAV regulations or permitting, contact Brooke​ Landry at