Maryland Ocean Acidification Task Force
The Task Force to Study the Impact of Ocean Acidification on State Waters mission is to:
- Analyze the best available science regarding ocean acidification and the potential effects of acidification on the ecology of State waters and on State fisheries.
- Make recommendations regarding potential strategies to mitigate the effects of acidification on State waters and on State fisheries.
View the full text of the bill that formed the task force here:
Task Force Chair:
Chief Conservation Officer, National Aquarium Baltimore
Click here to see the final report of the Task Force
(Updated June 2022)
Maryland’s commitment to being a global leader in combating ocean acidification is reflected in this science based plan with three components:
- Reducing the causes and increasing resilience,
- improving scientific understanding and,
- expanding public awareness and partnerships for action.