Black Bass Advisory Committee
Created in 2016, the Black Bass Advisory Committee (BBAC) makes recommendations on actions considered by the department in support of managing and protecting largemouth bass and smallmouth bass. The BBAC meets quarterly and virtually with agendas to discuss topics and develop recommendations that are then reported to the Sport Fisheries Advisory Commission. The Commission reports directly to the Secretary. Members of BBAC serve 4 years, with possible reappointment, and may continue to serve until a successor is appointed.
Committee members are expected to:
- Participate in at least 3 of the 4 meetings per year, which are held virtually;
- Read distributed meeting information in advance of meeting;
- Listen while at meetings to information provided in accordance with the agenda;
- Prepare to communicate and discuss constituents' viewpoints at meetings;
- Between meetings, maintain regular communication with the constituents and convey accurate information on department matters to them;
- Provide feedback, identify problems, suggest solutions or compromises, and search for closure on department matters.
Click here for a list of members.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of the BBAC may apply online through September 29th by 4 pm. Please access the online application HERE.