Free Fishing Programs for Youth Groups
Maryland Department of Natural Resources Aquatic Resources Education Program conducts
FREE mini sessions of the "Hooked on Fishing" program for community and youth groups.
- Aquatic Resources Education Staff will provide fishing equipment and instruction to small groups with maximum size of 20 students per session.
- This program is designed for children ages 8-15.
- A local fishing site will be determined. Groups supply their own bait and transportation. Adult leaders must accompany the group.
- Casting practice, angler ethics, catch and release, fish identification and safety will be covered before fishing.
- A typical session lasts 1.5-3 hours. Session length can be adjusted to fit the needs and availability of the group.
- Children of all ability and experience levels are welcome.
Information and resources to help plan your day fishing experience:
Please complete this
Program Request Form to schedule your Hooked on Fishing Program.
Aquatic Resources Education
Chesapeake and Coastal Service
MD Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Ave., E-2
Annapolis, MD 21401