- 342 sites are available, each with a fire ring and picnic table.
- Electric hook-ups are available in the G-Loop and I-Loop only.
- ADA ONLY Accessible campsites at Assateague State Park can be reserved by calling the Reservations Center at 888-432-2267. They are reservable solely for use by visitors with a disability and their family/guests.
- Most campsites can be reserved from the last week of April through the last weekend of October.
Youth Group Camping
Youth group camping can be reserved from the last week of April through the last weekend of October. A valid Maryland DNR Youth Group Pass is required to reserve a youth group camping area. Nightly service charges apply. For additional information visit the
youth camp page.
The youth area beach is not guarded; swim at your own risk. Always use caution when in or around the ocean and be aware of hazards and dangerous conditions including rip currents. Always watch children closely.
Groups and families with reservations for multiple campsites and youth groups are asked to adhere to the following guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience and to protect park resources, wildlife and other visitors.Print your Assateague State Park/Youth Group Procedures here.
Campground Office/Ranger Station
- When the campground is open, the Ranger Station office may be reached at 410-641-2918. The hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. before Memorial Day and after Labor Day and 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Campers may check-in beginning at 2:00 p.m. For check-in after office hours, please refer to your campsite confirmation email for instructions about how to access your campsite. No check ins are permitted after 10:00 pm.
- Call 1-888-432-CAMP(2267) for reservations or
make reservations online.
- Pets allowed with registered campers in camp loops G, H, and I and adjoining beaches.
- Pets are allowed on the hiker/biker path in the campground along the east side of Campground Road only (pets not allowed in camp loops A-F).
- As directed in Maryland Park Service Policy, all pets must have current vaccinations.
- It is your responsibility to have the necessary skills, knowledge and equipment for a safe and environmentally sensitive visit.
Camping with a Generator
If you plan to operate a generator during your camping stay, please consider neighboring campers and the environment. To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all our guests, the Maryland Park Service provides the following rules and guidelines for use of a generator when visiting our parks.
- Effective July 3, 2020 operation of any loud generator or those operated at a noise level disturbing to other campers are prohibited in the Assateague State Park campground. These generally include conventional or "construction style" generators. Recommended generators include inverter style, built-in, or "quiet/whisper quiet" type units.
- Generators may not be operated during quiet hours 10 pm - 7 am.
- Generators should be placed near or on the camping pad of your site and near your camping unit and should not interfere with the enjoyment of neighboring campers.
- Generators may not be operated unless at least one person is on site and only for limited periods of time.
- Generators may not be operated at a noise level disturbing others. Assateague State Park staff reserve the right to require that a generator be turned off due to disturbing noise level. If visitor fails to comply, camping permit will be revoked and visitor must depart immediately.
Renting an RV or Trailer
If you are renting an RV, trailer or other camping equipment from a vendor such as through the websites Outdoorsy or RV Share, please be aware of park rules regarding access to campsites.
The Maryland Park Service allows third-party rental units including vans, coaches, caravans, trailers, towables, campers, motor homes, RV, or other recreational vehicles (“third-party rental units”), which provide Park visitors with the opportunity to camp in our many state park campgrounds. To use a third-party rental unit for your stay at one of our state parks,
you must read and agree to the following terms here and conditions for such usage as well as all applicable individual park policies.
Check-in and delivery of rental equipment may not be prior to the 2:00pm check-in time.
No parking, storage, or waiting areas are available for RV/Trailer vendors. Rental units must be picked up on check-out day prior to 11:00 am. Vendors must visit the Ranger Station and register for a temporary campground access pass when delivering or picking up rental units; please have registered camper name, contact information, reservation ID number, site number and arrival/departure dates for verification.
Contact the park for questions or more information:
NEW for 2023 Season!
“5 Tides” Restaurant and Retail Shop
- Join us in welcoming Assateague State Park’s new concessionaire, Assateague Outfitters, featuring an all new restaurant and retail shop “5 Tides”
- Hours of operation: Open daily Memorial Day to Labor Day Restaurant: 7am- 3pm Retail Shop & Grab-n-Go Food: 9am- 5pm Limited Offseason Hours
- Check out the delicious
new menu offering cooked to order breakfast and lunch, premium coffee, hand dipped ice cream, smoothies, snacks and more!
- Committed to a more sustainable environment we use compostable materials and limit food and product waste and packaging.