Private Picnic Facilities and Pavilions
Seneca Creek State Park offers two types of private, reserved picnic facilities: picnic pavilions with overhead roof shelters, and open-air private picnic groves. Reservations are required, and rental charges apply.
Please note that the pavilion/picnic area rental charge does not cover park entrance fees for renters or their guests.
Pavilions and private picnic areas may be reserved by calling 888-432-2267 or visiting
Detailed rental information
Available from April through October. All pavilions have reserved parking, roofed shelters with electric lighting, electric outlets, grills, and playgrounds.
Blue Jay: 200 person capacity. Rental cost $200
Nuthatch: 200 person capacity. Rental cost $200
Buck: 150 person capacity. Rental cost $150
Doe: 150 person capacity. Rental cost $150
Fawn: 50 person capacity. Rental cost $50
Bobwhite: 50 person capacity. Rental cost $50
Private Picnic Groves
Available from May through September.
Private picnic groves have reserved parking, grills, picnic benches, and comfort stations. Nearby open fields are suitable for field games and sports; bring your own sports equipment. Please note that private picnic groves do not provide electric outlets and do not have roofed shelter areas.
Cardinal: 100 person capacity. Rental cost $50
On weekends and holidays April through October, we charge:
- $3 per person for Maryland residents
- $5 per person for out-of-state residents
- Children in car seats and booster seats are free
- Veterans, active duty military and those with a golden age pass or disability pass enter for free
- Prepaid tickets can be purchased at the park office, but they must be distributed to guests before the day of the event. The tickets are non-refundable but they do not expire.
Season beginning and ending dates, and shelter service charges