Patapsco Valley State Park has 17 hunting areas located in Baltimore, Carroll, and
Click here for a map of all areas.
Click on the links below for geopdfs of individual areas (not all areas have completed geopdfs).
Seasons and Bag Limits
Patapsco Valley State Park is open for deer hunting only. Permits are required (see
below). Be sure to consult your Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping for season dates and bag limits. The dates and days of the week hunting areas are open may vary. Consult the regulations packet that accompanied your Central Region Public Hunting Permit for detailed regulations.
Hunting Devices Allowed
All areas are open for archery deer hunting only except Areas 9, 10, 11, and 17 which also allow the use of muzzleloaders during the deer muzzleloader and firearms seasons.
Permits and Regulations
A Central Region Public Hunting Permit is required and may be obtained online or through the mail from the Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office. A $35 Managed Hunt Permit is also required and available online through COMPASS or anywhere Maryland hunting licenses are sold.
- Click here to apply for the free Central Region Public Hunting Permit.
- Hunters must sign in at the parking areas for Areas 1-8, and 12-16.
- Reservations are required for Areas 9, 10, 11, and 17. Reservations are made through the Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office at 410-356-9272.
- Hunters must park in the designated parking areas.
- Hunters may enter the park no earlier than 1.5 hours before sunrise and must be out no later than 1.5 hours after sunset.
- Some provisions exist for licensed vehicle use on trails for hunters with a Universal Disabilty Pass at Areas 7 and 12.
- Some areas may not be open to access year-round. Consult the packet that accompanied you Central Region Public Hunting Permit for scouting dates. Established trails are open year round for public use. Visit this page for trail maps.
- Hunters must contact Natural Resources Police at 410-260-8888 before tracking a wounded deer after hours, off State Park property, or outside of the designated hunting area.