Land Acquisition and Planning
Rural Legacy Evaluation Criteria
What criteria are used to evaluate applications?
Rural Legacy Areas are primarily evaluated based on:
- the significance and extent of agricultural, forestry, natural and cultural resources proposed for protection;
- the threat to resources from development pressure and landscape changes;
- the significance of historic and cultural resources proposed for protection; and the
- economic value of the resource-based industries or services proposed for protection through land conservation, such as agriculture, forestry, tourism and recreation.
Additionally, Rural Legacy applications are evaluated on:
- their overall quality and completeness;
- the strength and quality of partnerships created for land conservation;
- extent of matching funds; and a
- Sponsor’s ability to carry out the proposed Rural Legacy Plan, as well as the goals and objectives of the Program.
- Review the Scoring Description before completing your application.