License Free Fishing Areas
Maryland features many areas where recreational anglers can fish year-round without a fishing license. When fishing in these areas you are exempt from all license and stamp fees and requirements. You are required to observe all other fishing rules. A free MD/PRFC angler registration is also required for anglers fishing without a license in designated license free fishing areas located in tidal water, you may register online through the Maryland licensing system.
- Annapolis--Maryland Route 450 old bridge at the Severn River.
- Cox's Point on Back River and Deep Creek. Directions: Eastern
Blvd. (Rt. 150)
to Riverside Drive south.
- Canton Recreational Pier at Boston Street
- Broening Park, from fishing pier southeast of the Hanover Street Bridge (Vietnam Veterans Memorial Bridge), to Hanover Street Bridge over Middle Branch. Directions: Route 2 to Broening Park (2801 S Hanover St, Baltimore, MD 21225).
- Canton Waterfront Park
- Denton--Pier associated with G. Daniel Crouse Memorial Park on
the east side of Choptank River north of Maryland Route 404 Bridge.
- Federalsburg Municipal Park
- Greensboro Waterfront Park — Upstream of the Sunset Avenue bridge within park boundaries on the Choptank River.
- Charlestown--Town-owned stone wharf on the Northeast River near
the corner of Conestoga and Water Streets and the historic site of Charlestown
- North East--North East Community Park at mouth of North East Creek.
- Perryville Ice House Park — Within the park boundaries of Ice House Park downstream of the Route 40 bridge on the Susquehanna River.
- Friendship Landing--County-owned pier and property adjacent to
the pier off Friendship Landing Road southeast of Ironsides Riverside Road
(Rt. 425) on Nanjemoy Creek.
- Cambridge--Long Wharf from south end of city-owned bulkhead associated
with the Municipal Yacht Basin within Cambridge Creek to the end of east
breakwater at mouth of the Municipal Yacht Basin.
- Gambrill State Park - Banks of the one acre pond located within Gambrill State Park boundaries, near the Park's campground.
- Havre de Grace--Tydings Memorial Park within designated area,
and pier at the end of Congress Street.
- Chestertown--Maryland Route 213 Bridge over Chester River.
- Janes Island State Park--Bulkhead area on Daugherty Creek within the boundaries of Janes Island State Park.
- Crisfield City Dock — City dock/depot area at the end of West Main Street.
- Sharptown--Pier and town dock off Ferry Street on the Nanticoke
- Salisbury--Designated city-owned bulkhead on the Wicomico River
between Mill Street and Division Street.
- Tyaskin Park--County-owned park on Wetipquin Creek west of Rt.
349 at Tyaskin.
- Pocomoke City--City docks from Laurel Street boat ramp to U.S.
Route 13 overpass and Winter Quarter dock on Pocomoke River.
- Snow Hill-All city-owned riverfront property which includes Byrd
Park, Sturgis Park, and city bulkheading adjacent to the municipal parking
lot near the Route 12 bridge over the Pocomoke River.
- Ocean City - Northside Park - Town-owned pier and park at 125th Street.
- Ocean City - Chicago Avenue - Bulkhead between 2nd and 4th Streets.
License Free Fishing Areas Map
Select a point on the map below for more information.
Please consult these resources before making any decisions.