1. Captain Robert Lehman pilots the RV "Miss Kay" to the fall survey station coordinates.
2. Water quality is measured.
3. On a signal from the captain, the dredge is lowered overboard.
4. A GPS is monitored for tow distance.
5. At a predetermined distance,
the dredge is retrieved.
6. The dredge is brought onboard and the
contents are dumped onto the dredge table.
7. A ½ bushel subsample is taken.
8. The ½ bushel subsample is spread onto
the culling table.
9. The sample is sorted for live and dead oysters
10. Once sorted, the sample is double checked for small spat.
11. A typical spat.
12. Oysters collected are measured for shell height
13. Data sheet for a standard fall survey station.
14. At a disease station, a representative subsample is bagged.
We're available on the following channels.