Reservations are required. Click here for camping reservations or call toll-free: 1-888-432-2267.
Currently 10 primitive campsites with a fire ring and picnic table are available for reservations. The area is undeveloped with no running water or bathhouse. A porta pot is available. The sites are currently not stabilized. Plans to expand the camping area, create stabilized pads, and construct a bathhouse are underway.
1699 Upperman Road
Oakland, MD 21550
Camping fees: $15 per night
(Base rate does not include transaction or other applicable fees)
*If planning to ride – ORV reservation fees also apply
Camping cancellation policy:
Changes or cancellations made up to close of business on the day prior to the scheduled date of arrival will require a $4.75 per reservation service charge. Changes and cancellations made on the scheduled date of arrival will require the payment of one night’s camping service charge for each reservation and a $4.75 per reservation service charge.
- Reservations shall be made through the Maryland State Parks online reservation system https://parkreservations.maryland.gov/ or call toll free 1-888-432-2267.
- Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
- Quiet hours are 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.. ORV’s may not be used during quiet hours.
- The operation of generators is prohibited during the established quiet hours from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. At times outside of quiet hours, all aspects of their operation must conform to standards designated to prevent disturbing other visitors and to preserve the peace and tranquility of the park environment.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Pets are permitted but must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Fires are only permitted within the fire rings provided, must be attended, and must be fully extinguished until cool prior to visitors leaving the site.
- Campsite occupancy is limited to six overnight campers, at least one of which must be at least 18 years old. Maximum of 4 additional visitors per site until 10:00 p.m.
- There is a limit of two camping units (RV, tent, pop-up) per site, only one of which can be an RV. Maximum length of camping unit is 25'.
- The maximum camping reservation is 14 days.
- All camping units, tables, tarps, hammocks and grills must be set-up in designated camping areas.
- There is a maximum of two vehicles per site. All vehicles and trailers must be kept in designated parking areas of the campsite or in the overflow parking area.
- Speed limit is 7 mph while entering or leaving the campground.
- The park has a Zero Tolerance for OHV riding in the campground or surrounding area. ORVs (ATV, UTV, SxS, MX, etc.) may only be used to travel to or from Wolf Den Run approved trail riding areas through the main entrance and exit. Visitors that violate this rule will be evicted. Huckleberry Rocks area is the only area that can be traveled to by ORV from the campground. You must trailer ORV’s to ride at Potomac River Area.
- ORV’s shall not be used to travel between campsites.
- DOT approved helmets must be worn at all times while operating any OHV.
- All vehicles must stay on the camp road. There are no other trails leading out of the campground.
- In order to ride ORV’s from the campground to the Huckleberry Rocks area on the county road, you must have Garrett County ATV/Snowmobile permit, Available for purchase online at: https://payments.garrettcounty.org
- Hunting is prohibited in and around the campground.
Cell Phone Service
Please DO NOT rely on cell phones for communication while in the park. Many phones and carriers do not get service.