Deep Creek Lake State Park
Deep Creek Lake State Park is one of Maryland’s many state parks that allow public hunting. The 551-acre designated hunting area is marked with managed hunting area signs.
Hunters can park at the Ranger Station, on various pull offs on State Park Road, and at the Cherry Creek parking lot. Please recognize all
hunting regulations and seasons. Remember to keep all weapons unloaded until you are within a designated hunting area. Hiking and mountain biking trails traverse parts of the hunting area. Be alert and respectful of trail users who are recreating in the area. Hunting licenses may be purchased at the Ranger Station.
- General hunting permitted in 551-acre designated hunting area
- No firearms hunting until October 15
- Spring turkey hunting is permitted during listed seasons
- Hunting permitted Monday-Saturday
- Provisions for hunters with mobility impairments
- Waterfowl hunting only at designated sites on Deep Creek Lake (reservations required)
- Hunters may enter/remain on park property outside of the regular posted hours if they are engaged in legitimate, authorized hunting activity.