Deep Creek Lake State Park
The day-use area at Deep Creek Lake State Park encompasses the park’s waterfront and picnic areas. This area is open 8 a.m. to sunset. Users and guests of this area are subject to paying the park entrance fee and must vacate the area by sunset.
The Beach is now closed to swimming for the season. The beach will reopen in the spring.
- Two guarded swimming beaches. Guarded beach hours are subject to change due to weather and staffing limitations. Swimming is permitted at your own risk when lifeguards are not on duty. Typical guard hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day
- Beach shower house and changing station
- One mile of lakefront access
- Picnic tables with grills
- Three playgrounds
Four picnic shelters
- Birch Shelter
- Hemlock Shelter
- Oak Shelter
- Tamarack Shelter
- Trailhead parking for the Beckman Trail
- Fishing access
- Canoe / Kayak Launch located at the main beach parking lot.
Weddings and other Special Events
Special events such as wedding ceremonies are often held within the park. While they are permitted, they must be scheduled in advance with the park office. To schedule your special event, please call 301-387-5563 or email our administrative specialist at
Things to keep in mind:
- Day-use service charges apply to each guest, though we can arrange for payment consolidation
- The park closes at sunset
- Other visitors will likely be in the area
- The park does not provide any tables, chairs or decorations
- Flower petals are not permitted