Chapel Point State Park

Nearby Points of Interest

  • Historic St. Ignatius Church, founded in 1641, is one of the oldest Catholic Parishes in continuous service in the United States. The church is located adjacent to State Park Property.
  • Historic Port Tobacco Court House is located off of Chapel Point Road near the intersection of Route 6 and Chapel Point Road. In 1685 a naval port of entry for the Crown, the town remained a major port through the end of the Revolutionary War. Catslide House, Courthouse (1819) and museum are open for tours. Call 301-934-4313 for information.
  • Friendship House is located on the LaPlata campus of the College of Southern Maryland. This reconstructed colonial home is reminiscent of the life and architecture of Maryland's early settlers. Call 301-259-4279 for information.

​​​​​​​