Calvert Cliffs State Park
Calvert Cliffs State Park Hunting Regulations
Click here for map
Approximately 550 acres are open on Calvert Cliffs State Park for public hunting, subject to restrictions.
- Hunting is allowed for all legal species and seasons listed in the
Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping from September 1st through the end of February and Spring Turkey Season. Special restrictions are in place for waterfowl hunting (see below).
- Hunters must sign in at the parking area.
- No hunting is permitted on or from the beach.
- Hunting is permitted Monday through Saturday. No Sunday hunting is allowed.
- Hunters may be on the property outside of regular posted hours, provided they are engaged in a legitimate, authorized hunting activity (tracking a wounded deer, ect). However, nighttime hunting is not allowed.
- Permitted hunting devices include all legal devices allowed in Calvert County within the seasons that allow them.
- The public land Big Game Check Code for Calvert Cliffs State Park is
Waterfowl hunting is restricted to the designated Waterfowl Hunting Zone in the waters of the Chesapeake Bay with the following restrictions:
- A Free Public Hunting Permit (available on
COMPASS) is required to hunt in the Waterfowl Hunting Zone.
- Hunters must remain at least 250 yds from the property line of any adjoining properties, or where the line would be if it were extended into the water. (Marked on shore of each property by a metal stake wrapped in reflective material and painted orange.)
- Hunters must remain at least 250 yds from any licensed stationary blind, blind site, or another person or party hunting waterfowl.
- Hunters must be no more than 300 yards from shore.
- A person may not guide hunting parties for economic gain in any waterfowl hunting zone.