Wye Island Natural Resources Management Area
Wye Island NRMA is managed by the Department of Natural Resources Maryland Park Service. Area regulations are posted.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all times with the exception of Duck Lodge guests.
- Camping and fires are permitted only in designated areas with appropriate reservations.
- No swimming is allowed from the shoreline
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on trails, fields, field edges, buffer strips, and grass waterways.
- All pets must be under the owner's control and leashed at all times, except while participating in an authorized hunt or chase.
- Hikers, cyclists and equestrians are asked to avoid traveling on agricultural fields to reduce damage to crops.
- Trail users should stay on the trails or established grass filter strips. Equestrian Riders are prohibited on the Schoolhouse Woods Nature Trail due to the sensitive nature of the area.
- Please obey all signs.
- Areas may be closed to access due to weather or hazardous conditions.