Soldiers Delight Natural Environment Area
Soldiers Delight NEA is located in Owings Mills, Maryland in Baltimore County. There are eight hunting zones.
Soldiers Delight NEA is open for deer hunting only. Permits are required (see below). Be sure to consult your Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping for season dates and bag limits. Zones open at different times. Consult the regulations packet that accompanied your Central Region Public Hunting Permit for detailed regulations.
- Zone 1 – 280 acres (Opens the opening day of archery season)
- Zone 2 – 150 acres (Opens the opening day of archery season)
- Zone 3 – 140 acres (Opens the opening day of firearms season)
- Zone 4 – 115 acres (Opens November 11th)
- Zone 5 – 230 acres (Opens November 11th)
- Zone 6 – 230 acres (Opens November 11th)
- Zone 7 – 150 acres (Opens November 11th)
- Zone 8 – 130 acres (Opens the opening day of archery season)
Hunting Devices Allowed
Soldiers Delight NEA allows the use of archery equipment, muzzleloaders, shotguns, and straight-walled cartridge rifles during established seasons which allow them. See your Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping for season dates.
Permits and Regulations
A Central Region Public Hunting Permit is required and may be obtained online or through the mail from the Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office. A $35 Managed Hunt Permit is also required and is available online through COMPASS or anywhere Maryland hunting licenses are sold.
- Click here to apply for the free Central Region Public Hunting Permit.
- Reservations are required for all zones. Reservations are made through the Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office at 410-356-9272.
- Hunters must park in the designated parking areas.
- Hunters may enter the park no earlier than 1.5 hours before sunrise and must be out no later than 1.5 hours after sunset.
- No scouting is allowed until Zones open for hunting.
- Trails are open for use year-round.
- Hunters must contact Natural Resources Police at 410-260-8888 before tracking a wounded deer after hours, off State Park property, or outside of the designated hunting area.