SERVICE ADVISORY: The Boat Center at Seneca Creek State Park will be open starting Memorial Day weekend.
The Boat Center offers a variety of different vessels for hourly or daily rental on the calm waters of Clopper Lake from May through Labor Day Weekend. Cash, Visa, and Mastercard are accepted at the Boat Center.
Days of Operation:
May 28 through June 12: Weekends & Memorial Day only.
June 16 through August 28: Thursday through Monday.
September 4 through September 2: Closed
September 3 through 6: Saturday through Labor Day
Hours of Operation:
May 28 through August 8
9am to 7:30pm - Last boat will be launched at 5:30pm and must return by 7:30pm
August 11 through August 20
9am to 7:15pm - Last boat will be launched at 6:15pm and must return by 7:15pm
August 21 through August 28
9am to 7pm - Last boat will be launched at 6pm and must return by 7pm
August 29 through September 2
September 3 through September 5
Weekend & Holiday Monday: 9:00am to 6:45pm - Last boat will be launched at 5:45pm and must return by 6:45pm
Boat Rental Prices:
*All rentals include paddles/oars and Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) for everyone on board
- Canoes and Rowboats: $12/hour or $24/2 hours
- Single Kayaks: $12/hour or $24/2 hours
- Tandem Kayaks: $12/hour or $24/2 hours
- 4 Person Pedal Boats: $12/hour
Boat Center Rules:
- Private watercraft may be launched at the hand launch only boat ramp at the bottom parking lot near the Boat Center.
- Gas powered motors are not permitted on the lake. Electric motors are allowed.
- Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not permitted in rental boats.
- Children under the age of 13 must wear a PFD at all times when on the docks and boats. Ages 13 and over must carry a PFD with them at all times on the boats.
- Rentals will only be given to those over age 18 with a valid photo ID.
- Lockers are not available. Please leave all personal items locked in vehicles.
- No boats are permitted on the water for at least 30 minutes after thunder is heard.
The 90-acre Clopper Lake provides a great venue for small, flatwater boating in the heart of Montgomery County. Private watercraft (no gas motors) are permitted throughout the year during normal park hours. Private watercraft must be removed from the lake at least 30 minutes prior to sunset. Boats are also available for rent at the park’s Boat Center.
Private watercraft including canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and other small vessels, may be launched at the hand-launch area at the bottom parking lot just beyond the Boat Center. You must be able to lift your boat and carry it to the water; as there is no trailer-launch boat ramp at Clopper Lake. USCG-approved life-jackets must be on board for all occupants.
Great Seneca Creek
For those looking for a stream experience, the Class I-II Great Seneca Creek is suitable for canoes and kayaks during wet weather periods. Be sure to check the USGS gauging station at MD-28, which should read 2.1 feet. Parking and a put-in site are available at MD-28. Take out is recommended at the Riley’s Lock boat ramp near the Seneca Aqueduct. Paddling time is approximately two hours.