Interpretive signs regarding the historical significance of certain sites will be placed in the park.
Husband Flint Mill
Originally built in the late 1800s by Joshua Husband, this historic mill was purchased by George J. Kroeger and rebuilt in 1909. The mill ground quartz mined from quarries in the surrounding hills for use in porcelain dishes and pottery. Before being dismantled in the 1920s, the mill was one of the best-equipped mills in the state of Maryland. Two kilns, a chimney and part of the mill office are still visible today.
Deer Creek Iron Works
The forge was built in the mid-1800s and became a thriving community center with a general store and gristmill until the iron works ceased operations in 1878. The old foundation and covered bridge abutments are still visible today.