ALERT: Please be advised, as a result of June 2019's tornado, a salvage harvest operation will be underway through the 2020-2021 hunting season to remove dead, downed and damaged trees. Although the harvest area does not include hunting areas, wildlife activity and behavior may be impacted.
Elk Neck offers white-tailed deer hunting in bow, shotgun and muzzleloader seasons.
The park features five hunting areas:
- Carter Property (bow, shotgun and muzzleloader seasons)
- North East River Area (disabled hunting only using muzzleloader and shotgun)
- Rogues Harbor (bow only)
- Turkey Point (bow only)
- Campground Area (bow only)
All hunters that plan to hunt at Elk Neck State Park will need to get their free Central Region Public Hunting Permit through the Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office (410-356-9272) instead of registering at the Elk Neck State Park office.
Central Region Hunting Permit Links
- Click here to apply for the free Central Region Public Hunting Permit
- Click here to apply for C&D Canal Lands Non-Hunting Permit
- Click here to view available reservations for public hunting areas in the Central Region
- Click here to log in to view your current public lands reservations in the Central Region.