From the mountains of Western Maryland to the sandy
beaches of Assateague, the Maryland Park Service is proud to offer wonderful recreational opportunities for our wounded warriors, veterans and their families.
With 75 State Parks, we provide activities such as hiking, biking, boating, fishing, swimming, horseback riding, teambuilding ropes courses, hunting and camping. Such experiences as these will aid in the veteran's mental and physical well-being and establish a new base of potential employees.
Maryland is situated in close proximity to our nation’s Capitol and multiple military installations.
- US Army Fort Meade - Warrior Transition Unit, MD
- US Air Force - Andrews Air Force Base, MD
- US Marine Corps - Wounded Warrior Regiment, Quantico, VA
- US Coast Guard - District 5, Portsmouth, VA
- US Air Force - Dover Air Force Base, DE
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center - Bethesda, MD
- Naval Air Station Patuxent River - Patuxent River, MD
- Garrison Aberdeen Proving Ground - Aberdeen, MD
The Wounded Warrior & Veteran Outreach Coordinator,
Christina Carlson, researches facilities and identifies how to best accommodate the recreational needs of our servicemen and women. The objective of the program is to provide our state's servicemen and women with unique opportunities to work, learn, volunteer and recreate in the rich natural habitats of Maryland.
The links below will take you to additional information on each of these programs: