The Maryland Natural Resources Police Hunter Education Program is now offering exemptions to the internet field day workshop. The following exemptions are for students that have completed Maryland's hunter education course via online
and qualify under one of the following professions/trainings:
- Active-duty or honorably discharged members of the U.S. military who are stationed in the State of Maryland or who are permanent Maryland residents.
- Any permanent Maryland resident that is a current or retired law enforcement officer from the State of Maryland (must hold, or previously held, a Maryland Police Training and Standards Commission Police Officer Certification, and employed / retired from a Maryland law enforcement agency; note that special police officer certifications are not accepted).
- Any permanent Maryland resident that holds a current, State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun, issued by the Maryland State Police. Note that a Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) IS NOT a qualifying permit for the exemption.
In qualifying under one of the aforementioned professions and certifications, you will be required to supply the following supporting documents:
- Copy of Driver's License or State Identification Card (front only) AND;
- Copy of State of Maryland Hunter Education Online Course Completion Document AND;
- If active law enforcement, a copy of current Maryland Police Training and Standards Commission Police Officer Compliance Card (front & back) AND a copy of your current agency ID card (front & back) OR;
- If retired law enforcement, a letter from Chief/Sheriff/Superintendent that you were previously employed as a police officer (must be on agency letterhead and signed by agency head) OR;
- If active duty military, copy of most recent LES (Leave & Earnings Statement; please be sure to black out your SSN when submitting), AND a copy of your Common Access Card (CAC; front & back) AND a copy of your duty orders (duty orders required only if submitting request as a non-resident) OR:
- If honorably discharged from the military, a copy of your Member 4 DD-214 (please be sure to black out your SSN when submitting) OR;
- A copy of your State of Maryland Permit to Carry a Handgun issued by the Maryland State Police (front & back of card required; must be current). Note that a Maryland Handgun Qualification License (HQL) IS NOT a qualifying permit for the exemption.
To submit a request for an exemption, students must complete this form. Please allow up to four weeks for processing.
Once all requirements are met, we will email students an email copy of their hunter education certification card. However, students completing the internet course and who do not qualify for the exemption would still be required to complete an internet field day workshop before issuing a certification card.
Please note that the submission of fraudulent or fictitious government documents is a crime. If such is found to be submitted, it will be investigated thoroughly, and offenders will be prosecuted to the law's fullest extent.
For questions and concerns, please email email@example.com. Be sure to verify your email address on the form, as this will be the main correspondence between you and our agency.