Hunter Education

Replacement Card Request

If you have previously taken and passed the Maryland Hunter Education Course you may request a replacement card. All requests for replacement cards must be made in writing. There is no charge for this service. 

If you have taken the course in another state, you will have to contact that state agency to issue you a duplicate card. Maryland recognizes all other states Hunter Education Certification.

Every attempt will be made to issue a replacement card. Course records prior to 1990 are incomplete, which may result in not being able to issue a replacement card. In cases where we have no record of a person taking the course, we cannot issue a replacement card and the course will have to be taken over.

Please allow 2 weeks for the replacement card to be mailed to you. We do not fax copies of cards. We also do not provide card numbers or take requests for replacment cards over the phone.

You must provide the following information:

  • Full name
  • Present mailing address
  • Date of birth
  • Location of course and approximate date you took the course
  • Daytime phone number


Fax: 410-643-1485

Natural Resource Police
Safety Education Division
305 Marine Academy Dr. Suite 1
Stevensville, MD 21666