ORV Standards and Safety Tips
To make the use of the trails safe and enjoyable for yourself and others, please obey the following rules and regulations:
- Operators of off-road vehicles must abide by State Forest Service and Maryland State Parks rules and regulations.
- ORV's must meet department standards and inspection requirements.
- ORV's used in Maryland must be registered with the Department of Natural Resources State Forest Service.
- The designated ORV trails will be open as listed below.
- Some trails are open to snowmobiles, primarily from December 15 through March 15, except during deer firearms season.
- The operation of a vehicle in a reckless or negligent manner is not permitted.
- Do not disturb, drive, or pursue wildlife with your vehicle.
- Do not carry loaded firearms on your ORV.
- ORV's are only permitted to be used on State Forests or Parks on designated ORV trails.
- Youth 12 years old and older must be accompanied by an adult with a valid driver's license.
- Wear a helmet and eye protection at all times and other protective clothing suitable to the environment when you ride.
- Report accidents to the Maryland Department of Natural Resources at 1-800-825-7275.
- Let someone know where you are going and when you will return
- Ride with a partner
- Be familiar with the vehicle you are operating
- Control your speed
- Wear proper clothing
- Do not operate in a reckless, careless or negligent manner
- Stay on designated trails