The Maryland Department of Natural Resources will allow the capture, for falconry purposes, of 5 passage peregrine falcons in 2021. A special peregrine falcon permit is required. In order to limit the capture of passage peregrine falcons, a special permitting system has been instituted.
Thirty peregrine falcon permits will be awarded based on a random drawing of permit applications received. There is a nonrefundable $10 application fee for resident and $50 application fee for nonresident falconers. All applicants must have a current general or master falconry permit. Nonresident falconers must provide a copy of their current state and federal falconry permit.
- Applications must be postmarked by August 23, 2021.
- The season for trapping a passage peregrine falcon will be September 19 through October 19, 2021.
- There will be a mandatory call-in system. Any falconer who takes a passage peregrine falcon must call in and report the take by 8 pm of the day of capture.
- The season will be immediately closed and announced on the call-in phone line once the number of passage peregrine falcons authorized by the final federal allocation for Maryland has been taken.
- Successful applicants will be notified by September 1, 2021.
Request by E-mail:
(include US Mailing Address)
Request by Phone:
Toll-free in Maryland:
1-877-620-8DNR , Extension 8540
TTY: users call via MD Relay 711
Request by Mail:
Wildlife Permit Coordinator
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Wildlife and Heritage Service
580 Taylor Ave., E-1
Annapolis MD 21401