Natural Play Spaces Additional Resources
- Let’s Move! – Outside
- No Child Left Inside (CBF)
- Earthplay. Created by Rusty Keeler, Earthplay is a community-built site to guide communities on how to create beautiful engaging outdoor environments for children
- Sobel, David; Childhood and Nature: Design Principles (or Play Motifs) For Educators, Stenhouse Publishing; Portland, ME; 2008
- Natural Learning Initiative: NLI is a research and professional development unit at the College of Design, NC State University. This center provides research, design and professional development services.
Designers & Builders:
- Cheryl Corson Design, LLC, landscape design and Certified Playground Safety Inspector
- Julie Dieguez, The Wild Child, LLC
- Antonio Malkusak, Abundant Playscapes, landscape architect, Certified Playground Safety Inspector
- EarlySpace, LLC, Nancy Striniste, landscape designer and former teacher, specializes in earth-friendly, child-friendly natural play and learning spaces—design and design/build; also leads design charettes (participatory workshops), community build days, natural building and teacher training.
- Natural Playgrounds Company- a family owned design and construction company based in New Hampshire
Selected Nature Place Spaces from around the Country: