State Forest Trails

New State Forest Trails Underway!


The Maryland Forest Service is pleased to announce new recreational trails are underway on the State Forest system. On August 18, Governor Larry Hogan, Secretary Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio and numerous elected officials and recreational trail supporters joined in a ceremonial groundbreaking ceremony of the new Pocomoke River Wildlands Trail.

​This new trail will allow trail users to experience the beautiful Pocomoke River Wildlands over an elevated boardwalk trail, and will connect the Town of Snow Hill, the Pocomoke State Forest, and the Pocomoke State Park. Trail design will begin in the current Fiscal Year, and Trail Construction will begin in the following Fiscal years. Photos taken at the Groundbreaking, and a map and description of the future Trail are shown here.

In addition, also on August 18, a new single track multi-use trail loop system was opened at Garrett State Forest. The Trail is 80% open at the present time, with the remaining 20% anticipated to be opened in another month.