Stoney Demonstration Forest
Public hunting on Stoney Demonstration Forest is permitted during legal hunting seasons with restrictions (see below). A free permit is required and available from the DNR Wildlife and Heritage Service Gwynnbrook Wildlife Office or online. Hunting is available for all legal game species in accordance with current hunting laws and regulations established by the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
- Hunting access to Stoney Demonstration Forest is restricted to seasonal permit holders with daily reservations. Hunting is permitted Monday through Saturday from September through February and Saturdays during Spring Turkey Season. No hunting is allowed on Sundays.
- Click here to apply for the free Central Region Public Hunting Permit.
- From September through February ten hunters will be allowed per day by reservation, Monday through Saturday.
- The opening day of Deer Firearms Season is drawn by lottery.
- For Spring Turkey Season, hunting will be allowed only on Saturdays by sign-in. Hunters must sign in at the parking area using their Central Region Public Hunting Permit number. Five hunters will be allowed per day.
- Hunting devices permitted include archery equipment, muzzleloaders, and shotguns in the seasons which allow them. Additionally, straight-walled cartridge rifles may be used during the Deer Firearms Season and rimfire rifles may be used for small game and furbearers. Centerfire rifles are prohibited for small game and furbearers.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed.
- Horseback riding is prohibited.
For additional information about hunting or seasonal permits, contact the Gwynnbrook Wildlife and Heritage Service Office at 410-356-9272.