- ½ lb prepped chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, sliced or slightly crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons butter or equal parts butter and olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped or minced shallot (optional & onion also acceptable)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon dried thyme (parsley as a substitute)
- sea salt or coarse salt to taste and a bit of freshly ground black pepper
Delicious when served with white-flesh fish, salmon, eggs, lobster, game birds (quail), veal or chicken.