... or information about the Critical Area Program or questions relating to State oversight of local programs, e-mail Lisa.Hoerger@maryland.gov or call 410-260-3478.
This page includes a summary of regulations that are proposed by the Critical Area Commission for the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays. Consult the Maryland Register, Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR), and the Natural Resources Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland for full legal text (see link below).
The Critical Area Commission welcomes public comment on proposed regulations. However, only comments provided during the official public comment period specified in the appropriate Maryland Register announcement become part of the official regulatory record. The official public comment period is 30 days after publication of the proposed regulation in the Maryland Register. Receiving comments on proposals provides the Commission with the views of the public regarding the proposed regulation that may be incorporated into content or editorial changes. The Maryland Register notice will provide contact information where all official public comments may be sent.
Interpreting proposed regulations requires some understanding of the convention for reading proposed regulation changes as developed by the Department of State Documents. The convention is as follows:
(1) Amend Regulation .01 under COMAR 27.01.01 General Provisions;
(2) Amend Regulation .04 under COMAR 27.01.11 Directives for Updating Critical Area Maps;
(3) Adopt new Regulations .01—.07 under COMAR 27.01.13 Nonwater-Dependent Projects;
(4) Amend Regulation .01 under COMAR 27.02.01 General Provisions; and
(5) Amend Regulation .02 under COMAR 27.03.01 Notification of Project Applications.
580 Taylor Ave, Annapolis MD 21401