The Maryland Environmental Trust is a statewide land trust.
Our mission is to provide landowners with information and tools to permanently protect natural, historic and scenic resources in the state.
Maryland Environmental Trust works with landowners and citizen land trusts to protect Maryland's most treasured landscapes and natural resources as a legacy for future generations.
As one of the oldest and most successful land trusts in the country, MET holds over 1,040 conservation easements preserving over 129,000 acres statewide.
From the Chesapeake Bay to the mountains of Garrett County, our Land Conservation, Monitoring and Stewardship, and Land Trust Assistance Programs promote the protection of open land.
MET also provides grants to environmental education projects through the Keep Maryland Beautiful Program.
Please join us for a Retirement Party
Honoring John Hutson
After 24 years of working for the Maryland Environmental Trust John is starting a new chapter in his life.
Friday, January 24th
4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Galway Bay Irish Pub
63 Maryland Ave, Annapolis
MET Welcomes Workshop Proposals
Conference seminar, workshop and field trip proposals are welcome on land conservation, organizational development, trails and greenways, land use planning, large landscape conservation tools, legal and advanced topics, and new approaches to conservation. If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please contact Michelle Grafton, Land Trust Assistance Coordinator, at (410) 533- 4627 or email@example.com. Click here for proposal application. Applications are due by December 16, 2013.
Long Range Plan 2014-2020
Adopted by the Board of Trustees on March 9, 2013
Download a copy of MET's Long Range Plan 2014-2020 (LRP)
MET Protected Acres
129,000 and counting
- 12/11/13 - MET Names New Conservation Easement Steward
- 11/25/13 - Maryland Environmental Trust Names New Administrative Officer
- 11/22/13 - MET Presents Land Trust Workshop on Board Excellence
- 11/21/13 - MET Seeks Presenters for Statewide Land Conservation Conference
- 10/24/13 - Volunteers Collect Litter Along Adopted Section of Solomons Island Road
- 10/22/13 - MET Protects Kent County Farm Along the Chesapeake Country Scenic Byway
- 10/09/13 - MET Celebrates Land Conservation in Baltimore County
- 09/12/13 - MET Names Interim Easement Planner
- 09/05/13 - MET Names New Graduate Intern
- 09/04/13 - MET Invites Land Trusts to Roundtable on Managing Data Bases
2014 Board Trustee Meetings
- February 3, 2014
- April 7, 2014
- June 2, 2014
- September 8, 2014
- October 7, 2014 (Optional)
- November 3, 2014
100 Community Place, First Floor
6:30 Business Meeting
These meetings are scheduled the first Monday of each month with the exception of September to avoid a conflict with the Labor Day holiday. The Board does not meet in January, July and August.