The Maryland Environmental Trust is a statewide land trust.
Our mission is to provide landowners with information and tools to permanently protect natural, historic and scenic resources in the state.
Maryland Environmental Trust works with landowners and citizen land trusts to protect Maryland's most treasured landscapes and natural resources as a legacy for future generations.
As one of the oldest and most successful land trusts in the country, MET holds over 1,070 conservation easements preserving over 130,000 acres statewide.
From the Chesapeake Bay to the mountains of Garrett County, our Land Conservation, Monitoring and Stewardship, and Land Trust Assistance Programs promote the protection of open land.
MET also provides grants to environmental education projects through the Keep Maryland Beautiful Program.
2013 Year in Review
Click here to see a pdf slideshow of
MET's accomplishments in 2013.
MET Protected Acres
130,000 and counting
- 02/24/14 - Maryland Environmental Trust Protects 2,361 acres in 2013
- 01/27/14 - MET Permanently Protects 36 Acres in Western Maryland in 2013
- 01/23/14 - MET Permanently Protects 211 Acres in Southern Maryland in 2013
- 12/11/13 - MET Names New Conservation Easement Steward
- 11/25/13 - Maryland Environmental Trust Names New Administrative Officer
- 11/22/13 - MET Presents Land Trust Workshop on Board Excellence
- 11/21/13 - MET Seeks Presenters for Statewide Land Conservation Conference
2014 Board Trustee Meetings
- February 3, 2014
- April 7, 2014
- June 2, 2014
- September 8, 2014
- October 6, 2014 (Optional)
- November 3, 2014
100 Community Place, First Floor
6:30 Business Meeting
These six meetings are scheduled the first Monday of the month with the exception of September to avoid a conflict with the Labor Day holiday.
The Board does not meet in January, March, May, July, August or December.