Wildlife Capture and Restraint Class
Sat., June 21, 2014
9 am to 4:30 pm
(includes working lunch)
Orphaned Wildlife Rescue Center
12199 Bananza Tr.
Lusby, MD 20657
Credit: 6 CEU’s MD/DNR
This course will provide capture restraint techniques to include chemical immobilization, handling of injured animals, human safety issues, species specific management, use of traps, transport cages, carriers, nets, protective gear and an overview of the Flight or Fight Theory.
- Traps, baiting, and detailed use by all attendees.
- Catch poles, stick poles, baits and pharmaceuticals used to sedate wild animals.
- Blow darts, pistols, pneumatic rifles, and cartridge powered rifles. Safety, firing/use, and hands on certification.
- Net, net pole, throw net and remote capture devices.
- Sedatives and pharmaceuticals, their use and safe handling of drugs.
Please register by calling OWRC at 301-672-3191 ask for Dave or 410-326-0937 ask for Ron, as soon as possible.
Seating is limited to 30 people. We recommend registering early, seating is very limited!
$85.00 nonrefundable registration fee is required in advance to secure a seat.