DNR's Vision, Mission & Agency Wide Objectives
In a sustainable Maryland, we recognize that the health of our society and our economy are dependent on the health of our environment. Therefore, we choose to act both collectively and individually to preserve, protect, restore, and enhance our environment for this and future generations.
The Department of Natural Resources leads Maryland in securing a sustainable future for our environment, society, and economy by preserving, protecting, restoring, and enhancing the State’s natural resources.
- Healthy Terrestrial & Aquatic Ecosystems
- Efficient Use of Energy & Resources
- Citizen Stewardship, Outdoor Recreation, & Opportunities to Take Action
- Vibrant Communities & Neighborhoods
- Long-Term Economic Prosperity
- Professional Commitment