Maryland Environmental Trust Events
Call for Speakers Now Open!
15th Annual Maryland Land Conservation Conference
April 30 – May 1, 2015
The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute
Linthicum Heights, MD
The Maryland Environmental Trust (MET) invites you to submit a proposal for its 2015 Maryland Land Conservation Conference, scheduled to take place April 30 – May 1, 2015 in Anne Arundel County. The annual conference is the largest gathering of its kind in the state for land trusts, conservancies, local and state government agencies, heritage organizations, members of the agricultural community and other advocates.
How to Submit Proposals:
Completed proposals are due by 4:00 pm on January 26, 2015 and should be submitted using the online form available HERE. A PDF version of the RFP is also available by clicking HERE. This will allow you to prepare and then copy your work in a word document, in addition to using spell check and word counts.
However, all proposals must be submitted online through the link to the online form.
At this time workshops will be 75 minutes in length. Notification of proposal status will be sent via e-mail in February 2015.
Please contact Michelle Grafton at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
All session and workshops will take place in a breakout room set-up in a ‘classroom style’ with a table upfront for the presenter(s). The following AV will be provided in each breakout room: PC laptop; projector with connections to PC laptop; projector screen; flip chart and markers; microphone and internet access.
The following AV must be supplied by the presenter:
A backup copy of your presentation on a flash drive or in your email. If you prefer to use your personal laptop, you must bring the appropriate adapter cords if it is a Mac. Any additional AV requirements.
Special Notes and Speaker Requirements:
- Please limit your proposals to 4 speakers.
- If selected, speakers will receive discounted registration for the day they are presenting. (If your presentation is selected and requires more than 4 speakers, additional speakers will be required to pay their own entrance into the conference.)
- Speakers agree to grant permission to MET for hard copy and online distribution of presentation materials.
- To help keep registration costs affordable, MET does not pay honoraria, travel, per diem or other costs for conference speakers.
- Bios submitted in the workshop proposal should be 100 words or less. This will be used in the conference program (subject to change).
- You are welcome to submit more than one proposal but must complete one on-line submission for each proposal.
- January 26, 2015 – proposals due
- February 2015 – all applicants will be notified about the status if their proposal
- April 15, 2015 – final presentation materials due
- April 30 – May 1, 2015 – 15th Annual Maryland Land Conservation Conference