August 1, 2012
to July 31, 2013
Crossbow Safety Tips
- Maximum effective range is 40 yards.
- Know exactly where the arrow will hit before you
pull the trigger (practice, practice, practice).
- Never walk or climb a tree with a crossbow cocked
and loaded with an arrow.
- Always use manufacturer recommended arrow weights.
- Practice with the same type broadhead you plan to
- Keep your fingers and thumb down on the crossbow
forearm out of the path of travel for the string and
- Always identify your target and background before
- Never shoot if there is a doubt about the shot.
- Never shoot if the animal is alert and excited.
- Carry a field point tipped arrow in your quiver to
uncock the crossbow at the end of the hunt by shooting
this arrow into soft ground.