Documents and Resources
The Department of Natural Resources is focused on providing state and local partners with the tools and technical services they need in order to plan for climate change.
Planning & Guidance
- Climate Change and Coast Smart Construction Infrastructure Siting and Design Guidelines (2014)
- Report: Updating Maryland’s Sea-level Rise Projections (2013)
- Comprehensive Strategy for Reducing Maryland's Vulnerability to Climate Change: Phase I, Sea Level Rise and Coastal Storms (2008)
- Comprehensive Strategy for Reducing Maryland’s Vulnerability to Climate Change: Phase II, Building Ecological, Economic and Social Resilience (2011)
- Sea Level Rise: Maryland's Model for Adapting to Change (2010)
- A Sea Level Rise Response Strategy for the State of Maryland (2000)
- A Sea Level Rise Response Strategy for Dorchester County (2008)
- Worcester County Sea Level Rise Inundation Model (2006)
- Sea Level Rise Response Strategy: Worcester County, Maryland (2008)
- Rising Sea Level Rise Guidance: Somerset County, Maryland (2008)
Through Maryland's CoastSmart Communities Program, DNR’s Chesapeake & Coastal Program is helping local communities identify and implement strategies to protect life and property vulnerable to coastal hazards and climate change. In partnership with the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Chesapeake & Coastal Program offers competitive grants to local communities for coastal hazards and sea-level rise response planning.