Patches

“Celebrating Our Past, Creating Our Future.”

Historical Emblems of Maryland's Forest Service & Park Service


First Shoulder Patch (1933 - 1941) Left shoulder emblem of the Forest and Park Service (1941 - 1963)

First Shoulder Patch (1933 - 1941)

Left shoulder emblem of the Forest and Park Service (1941 - 1963)
Note: There may be variations.

Left shoulder emblem of the Forest and Park Service (1963-1965)
Note: No agency change reflected. A new design under a new Director.
"Left "Left (1972-1974)

Left shoulder emblem of the Forest and Park Service (1965-1972)
Note: A modification of the previous emblem. The oak leaf was changed from leaning right to leaning left for artistic reasons.

Left shoulder emblem of the then separate Parks Division (1972-1974)

Left shoulder emblem of the then separate Forest Service (1972 - 1978)
Left shoulder emblem of the then separate Parks Division (1974-1978) "Left "Another

Left shoulder emblem of the then separate Parks Division (1974-1978)

Left shoulder emblem of the combined Forest & Park Service (1978-1984)

Another variation of the left shoulder emblem of the combined Forest & Park Service (1978-1984)
"Left "A "Left

Left shoulder emblem of the Forest, Park & Wildlife Service, which included all forestry, parks and wildlife divisions (1984-1991)

A variation of the previous left shoulder emblem of the Forest, Park & Wildlife Service, which included all forestry, parks and wildlife divisions (1984-1991)

Left shoulder emblem of the
State Forest & Park Service (1991-2006)
"Contemporary "Contemporary

On the left is the left shoulder emblem of the Forest Service. To the immediate right is the right shoulder emblem. Both patches are worn on the Forest Service uniform today. (1991 - 2006)

 

"contemporary 

"Contemporary

The new Forest Service Patch
will be introduced in 2007


Contemporary Park Service Patch

Other types of emblems used

Hat patch, contemporary with left shoulder emblems of the Forest, Park & Wildlife Service, which included all forestry, parks and wildlife divisions (1984-1991) Hat patch

Hat patch, contemporary with the left shoulder emblem of the combined Forest & Park Service (1978-1984)

Hat patch, contemporary with left shoulder emblems of the Forest, Park & Wildlife Service, which included all forestry, parks and wildlife divisions (1984-1991)

A deviation from normal left shoulder uniform emblems (1965-1972) Emblem worn by Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) crews in Maryland (1933)

A deviation from normal left shoulder uniform emblems (1965-1972).
Note:This was displayed on a sport coat or blazer, sewn to the left breast pocket and worn by managers of the Forest & Park Service for meetings and other public relations types events in lieu of the traditional military style uniform.

Emblem worn by Civilian Conservation Corps (C.C.C.) crews in Maryland (1933)

The Centennial Emblem

2006 

Acknowledgement: Lt. Gregory L. Bartles (retired), a Natural Resource Police officer serving in DNR's Western region, provided this information along with the original emblems that were scanned to create this page. If you have any questions or comments, please send an e-mail to: customerservice.dnr@maryland.gov