Department of Natural Resources
Opportunity for Public Comment
In accordance with the Regulatory Review and Evaluation Act, State Government Article, §§10-130—10-139, Annotated Code of Maryland, the Department of Natural Resources is currently reviewing and evaluating the following chapters of COMAR:
SUBTITLE 01 OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY 08.01.01 Advisory Committees specifically the Coastal & Watershed Resources Advisory Committee (CWRAC).
The Department will evaluate the need to retain, amend, or repeal any obsolete or duplicative provisions based on whether the regulations are:
- Still necessary for the public interest;
- Drafted in a clear and understandable manner;
- Still supported by statutory authority and judicial opinions and consistent with federal and other State regulations;
- Still effective in accomplishing the intended purpose of the regulations; and
- Obsolete or otherwise appropriate for amendment or repeal.
The Department would like to provide interested parties with an opportunity to participate in the review and evaluation process by submitting comments on CWRAC. If the comments include suggested changes to the regulations, please be as specific as possible and provide language for the suggested changes.
Please send any comments or suggestions by April 22, 2014 to Christopher Aadland email@example.com
Chesapeake & Coastal Service
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Tawes State Office Building E-2
580 Taylor Avenue
Annapolis, Maryland 21401