Disposition of Regulation Requests for 2009
- Severn River – Valentine Creek - No Action.
- Sassafras River – No Action.
- State of Maryland – PWC Operation – No Action but recommended that new wording be developed between DNR and the Attorney General’s Office that would provide for an intermediate fine level.
- Potomac River Caledon Natural Area – Allow park sponsored activities and DCR staffed vessels to operate in the area during the restricted period.
- Potomac River – Smoot Bay – Minimum/No Wake speed in the area marked by the Department buoys, due to the placement of approximately 200 mooring buoys.
Chesapeake Bay Hotline
Call 1-877-224-7229to report any of the following
- Boating accident or reckless activity
- Fish kill or algal bloom
- Floating debris that poses a hazard to navigation
- Illegal fishing activity
- Public sewer leak or overflow
- Oil or hazardous material spill
- Critical area or wetlands violation
- Suspicious or unusual activity