The Department has established the following criteria for the registration of floating platforms:
- Structures built on devices generally known as modular, floating portable docks will not be titled.
- Devices generally known as pontoons are an acceptable flotation alternative to standard vessel hull designs:
- Diameter of 12” or greater
- Length 12’ or greater
- Buoyancy of 700 lbs or greater per pair
- Tapered or sloped at one end
- When built on an existing hull:
- The existing hull identification number must be used, and
- A duly transferred title will be required if hull was previously titled.
- An outboard motor bracket must be permanently installed on the transom.
- Perimeter railing
- Minimum width – 12’